Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center has a wide variety of programs and activities to meet your educational needs. If you are interested in pursuing a college degree, you can get a large number of Associate, Bachelors, and Masters Degrees without ever having to leave Evanston. Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center also provides customized solutions to your professional needs including safety training, leadership training, customer service skills and computer training. We now offer high quality instruction for individuals in preparation for Microsoft Office Specialist certification.
We have added a large number of new community education classes, and are continually attempting to develop additional classes that will benefit our community. If you have a passion to learn a particular topic or to teach a topic, we are excited to work together to provide that class in the future.
Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center is a partnership between the Uinta County School District #1 and Western Wyoming Community College. Through our partner agencies, we are able to quickly develop programs if there is a sufficient demand. If you find that your specific needs cannot be met through programs offered in this catalog, please contact us and we will see if we can find a solution to accommodate your needs.
Industrial Safety Training is designed to assist employers in implementing a successful safety and health training program for their employees, whether it’s through OSHA, MSHA, PEC, or NCCER. Developing and implementing new safety programs, maintaining their effectiveness, and meeting regulatory compliance is just part of Industrial Safety Training’s goals.
Over the 2012-2013 fiscal year IST has provided:
1) 3,253 students have received safety training (this doesn’t include NCCER)
2) 228 Students receive their NCCER (National Center for Construction and Educational Research) Certificate
- 21 received their Safety Orientation Certification
- 1 received his Electrical Certification
- 200 Received their Core Curriculum Certification
- 6 Received their Carpentry Certification
3) 73 students took NCCER Assessments for either Pipeline, Boilermaker, or Industrial Electrician certification. NCCER offers various different assessments. To see the list of assessments available go to our website.
**Don’t forget about the new Hazard Communication Standard regarding Safety Data Sheets (SDS) information formally known as Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)? SDS provides information on chemical products that help employees and employers to make risk assessments when handling chemicals. SDS requires 16 components describing the hazards the chemical presents, and gives information on handling, storage, and emergency precautions in case of an accident. Employers are required to have employees trained by Dec. 31, 2013.**
To schedule training please call 307-789-5742 ext. 113, or visit our website www.industrialsafetytraining.org for additional training IST provides.
Take a break from preparing to go back to school and learn how to create S’more Pizza for a great treat!
“According to most studies, people’s number one fear is public speaking. Number two is death. Death is number two. Does that sound right? This means to the average person, if you go to a funeral, you’re better off in the casket than doing the eulogy.” Jerry Seinfeld
In honor of Professional Speakers Day, Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center has three tips to help you become a better public speaker and reduce your anxiety. We know at some point we will have to speak in public. Here are a few tricks to keep in your back pocket.
- Preparation & Practice: There is no magic bullet. One of the best ways to help ease anxiety before a speech is by being prepared and practicing. Practice out loud and until you feel completely comfortable with the material. Prepare well in advance, and arrive early so you can set up the room how you would like. Test the equipment to make sure everything works and you know how to run the equipment. By preparation and practice, you will feel more confident and have less anxiety when you are ready to give your speech.
- Think of Your Best Friend: When speaking, visualize yourself talking to someone you are very comfortable around. This may be your mom, dad, husband, wife, friend, or sibling. When doing this, your voice naturally changes inflection and you will immediately calm down and speak as if you are talking to your best friend.
- Don’t Memorize: There is a difference in knowing your information and trying to memorize it. There is no need for memorization, and it will increase the stress you feel on the day of your speech. If you lose your spot, you’ll become more anxious and have a hard time getting back on track. Notes on your speech are generally accepted, and help you keep your place. Just don’t read word for word.
With the first week in August as simplify your life week, Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center thought we would send out a few tips on both the benefits of simplifying your life and a few ways to start. All you have to do is remember some acronyms. Enjoy!
Benefits of De-Junking Your Life:
- You’ll have a sense of control over your life.
- You’ll find it easier to get things done.
- You’ll have less stress in your life.
- You’ll have time for the things you want to do.
- You’ll be more productive.
Use JAKE to help you De-Junk your life.
Junk Always Kills Effectiveness
Use RAFT to handle paperwork and emails.
R Refer it. If you are not the one to do it, refer it.
A Action. Use the 2-minute rule. Do it, do it now, or Refer it.
F File it. Or Put it in a tickler file by date needed to work on it.
T Toss it. Don’t let things accumulate.
Tips brought to you by: How to De-Junk Your Life, by Dawn Dwyer.