With School right around the corner, Uinta B.O.C.E.S. #1 Education Center has complied some of our best tips to get you or your children ready for the start of the next school year. Here are our top five tips:
- Start up your Routines.
- Make sure to start going to sleep at your normal bedtime the week prior to the start of school to readjust.
- Get Ready.
- If possible, buy some new school clothes, a new backpack, or a new must-have item. This can help provide excitement and fun for the student and get them ready to go back to school.
- Start early on new school supplies. Find your supply list at local stores and then look for the supplies when they go on sale.
- Prepare for the 1st day.
- To ease frustration, pick out clothes the night before.
- Buy books ahead of time if possible and browse or read through them. That way, you know what the class is about and what will be covered.
- If you or your student have any special needs, medical conditions, or circumstances, write it down to bring to the teacher or talk to the teacher and staff prior to school to make sure all the needs are taken care of for you and your student.
- Check your Finances.
- Budget – make sure you will have enough money for all of the upcoming expenses this semester and throughout the year.
- Call the school, and if possible, add money to your students lunch account prior to the first day. That way, there is money in the account before school starts, and your student can eat on day one.
- Familiarize yourself and your Student.
- If you are new to the school, talk a walk prior to starting. Make sure to show your student where their classroom is, the layout of the school, and how to get around. It will help with first day jitters!
Practice these five tips, and school is sure to start off on the right foot!